From: Scott Maxwell [mailto:smaxwell(--nospam--at)engin.umich.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2004 9:13 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Vierendeel truss in wood

Bill:

You are heading down the "alternate" path that I had thought of (i.e. use
the two glulams as shared beams).  I figured that this was going to be my
second plan if my gut ended up being proven correct and I did not feel that
there would be enough "moment capacity" that could be developed to get true
Vierendeel truss behaviour.

Thanks,

Scott
Adrian, MI