From: Ron Hill [mailto:ronhill(--nospam--at)hillce.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2004 8:44 AM
To: Seaint@Seaint. Org
Subject: ASCE -7 -02 Omega subzero

List members,

I just got my new copy of ASCE 7-2002.  I notice that it does not clearly
say that seismic bracing loads need to be increased by omega-subzero.  I am
using ASD with R=5 and omega-subzero = 2. (Steel Columns/Bracing)

I got better instructions from UBC97 and IBC2000 about increasing seismic
bracing loads for omega-subzero.  Am I correct in that the bracing loads DO
need to be increased by Omega-subzero???

Thanks

Ronald A. Hill, P.E.
HILL Consulting Engineering
PO BOX 26525
Birmingham, Alabama 35260 USA
Phone: 205-823-4784
FAX: 205-823-4145
email: ronhill(--nospam--at)hillce.com
Messenger: ronhill(--nospam--at)hillce.com
http://www.hillce.com