Re: OT: Structural engineer playing on Super Bowl championship team

Rich:

According to the NCEES site, "at least one of the principles or officers
must be registered in Tennessee" for the company to offer professional
services (per the NCEES survey of licensing boards).

And the requirements seems to be similar for all the other states that the
firm's webpage lists as them doing work in.

According to the NCEES website, most states only require one officer or
owner (if any) to be licensed.  The only states that I am aware of that
have more "strict" requirements (according to the NCEES survery) are New
York and Michigan.  New York apparently requires _ALL_ owners or
shareholders to be licensed.  Michigan requires 2/3 of the "principals"
(which the State defines as owners or corporate officers) to be licensed.

Thus, in most states, _NO_, one need not be licensed to own part of a
professional engineering firm.  And in many states, they have no
requirements at all.

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI