Re: conveyor belt

I have looked at that issue only a couple of times, and I would suggest you talk to the manufacturer/supplier to get loads.  If I remember correctly, the loads generated by an emergency stop when the conveyor is full can be very high whereever the braking mechanisms are located.  This can be mitigated slightly by the flexibility of the belt which will stretch a little as the brakes try to stop it.  The systems that I looked at were very high capacity for excavation and/or gravel conveying, so the loads were extreme.  Good luck.

Paul Crocker, PE, SE

>>> "Junata" <multiconst(--nospam--at)sby.centrin.net.id> 09/14/04 07:30AM >>>
dear list,

Is there any one that has an information of how to calculate the forces that produced by the conveyor belt (this forces will be use as an input in structure analysis of supporting structure of the conveyor belt)?
Many thanks in advancce
Junata