Re: Windows XP service pack 2

I have a very fast hard disk, 7200 RPM, my motherboard runs at 800 mhz. Plus I installed only the needed drivers and a few programs that I currently need. Time of installation could vary depending on the number of softwares that need to be installed.

Alex C. Nacionales

"Jordan Truesdell, PE" <seaint(--nospam--at)truesdellengineering.com> wrote:
How much would you charge to reinstall my XP box? The last time I
installed XP from scratch it was just over an hour start to finish. MS
Office 2k3 takes at least a half an hour, and AutoCAD about the same
(assuming you use plain vanilla). The last time I had to update my ATI
Catalyst drivers took 45 minutes alone.

You must have precious few programs to install. The last time I had to do
a from-scratch build, it took about 2 days to get everything running (okay,
probably only 10-12 of those hours were dedicated to the install process).

At 12:18 PM 9/15/2004 -0700, you wrote:
>I installed SP2 on my desktop with an Intel motherboard a few days ago. I
>had no problems with it. What I did was to back up my data on a CD and
>reformated my Hard DIsk, reinstalled XP then SP1 and SP2. Then reinstalled
>all softwares. The whole process just took about 3 hours . Its important
>that all drivers must be the latest versions. Some hardware drivers may
>have some problems with SP-2 but the manufacturers also have their own way
>to go around it.

Jordan Truesdell, PE

* http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
* site at: http://www.seaint.org