From: Jim Wilson <wilsonengineers(--nospam--at)yahoo.com>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Building corner wind effect - when is a corner a corner?
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 04:39:26 -0700 (PDT)

ASCE 7-02 Page 44 shows that walls have vertical corner zones only. The corner zone does not continue along the top edge of the wall. Figure 6-17 on page 67 shows the same thing.

If I wasn't clear when I originally mentioned roof edge, I was trying to describe the leeward edge at the top of the wall. That is where BOCA 1609.8.2 does indicate there are corner/end zones for C&C, but ASCE does not.

Jim

Harold Sprague <spraguehope(--nospam--at)hotmail.com> wrote:
Jim,

I am not sure which issue of ASCE you have, but the ASCE 7-02 page 44 shows
the corner zone for components and cladding.

Regards,
Harold Sprague