Re: Lateral Load--Is it THE Design?

Steve:
We have a problem relating to that now.  Remodel 10 years after the reroof and the rafters are now capable for the span with the tile load ...and we are the bad guys since they will have to double each rafter of the larger rooms..........but.........it has been there for years.
 My response was " it's a good thing you were not in your easy chair during an earthquake, you would wearing your roof"  Clients have sense of humor.

Joe Venuti
Johnson & Nielsen Associates
Palm Springs, CA