Re: Lateral Load--Is it THE Design?

	Bill,
		An engineer from "the left coast" once commented to me that
he had moved from the Midwest a couple of years out of school because he was
bored with loads that only went down. He relished the complications of loads
in all directions. I think he did not like base isolators as they would
deprive him of his fun, by not allowing large lateral loads to be induced in
structures in the first place.
	Jim Getaz
	Winchester, Virginia