Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Moment carrying capacity of L3x3x3/16[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Moment carrying capacity of L3x3x3/16
- From: "Carter, Charlie" <carter(--nospam--at)aisc.org>
- Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 07:22:10 -0500
>If any one has got tables/mathcad/excell sheets for calculating
moment carrying capacity of single angles.
>> Use the Formula M=FsxS …
Angle bending is much more complex than this, because the cross-section is unsymmetrical. There are detailed provisions given for assessing the flexural strength, which is generally the least of the yielding, lateral-torsional buckling and local buckling strengths. The AISC Single-Angle Specification is a free download at www.aisc.org and provides the guidance you’ll need.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Moment carrying capacity of L3x3x3/16
- Next by Subject: Moment Connections for Wood Deck
- Previous by thread: Re: Moment carrying capacity of L3x3x3/16
- Next by thread: SEA Texas - Annual State Convention