NCSEA Conference Coastal Engineering

Attention  SEAINT:

I lifted this message  from    the SEAINT  list  server.............

Here's something NCSEA  should be addressing........................
(I noted they weren't listed)

Jason W. Kilgore, PE, SE,  Project Engineer  in his post is right when he states,
"
NOW is the chance to do something."

Now would be a perfect time for NCSEA  to address  issues  relative to Hurricane (WIND)  engineering.   But will they ??

I suspect NCSEA  will remain  silent!

Just  yesterday I was in the executive offices of NCSEA  (Chicago).   I inquired if NCSEA had issued any Press Releases in conjunction with their upcoming conference:

Designing for the Coastal Environment!!

September  23-25,  2004 .

For information on the conference  contact  Donna Childs  - 312-372-4198  or Jan Diepstra   312-372-6609

Information on the conference can be found be checking the following  website

www.ncsea.com/articles/conference/NCSEA-SeptIssue.pdf

You would think some of the topics to be discussed at the conference might be of interest to the media?

In light of the destruction  from Hurricane Ivan  (also  Frances,  Charley)  this topic sure will be of interest to the conference attendees  (but also the press??).

IS THE PRESS EVEN INVITED??

I learned that no such Press Release inviting the media  was issued  as of Friday,  Sept. 17th.

Bob Johnson, SE, PE
"Silence will Not Protect Engineers"
Regular contributor    www.engology.com
http://www.technotimes.org/Chicago/index.htm