From: "Bill Polhemus" <bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: CONCRETE: Opinions Wanted - Joint Sealant for New Concrete to Existing
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 20:38:53 -0500

I have quite a few instances where I am casting a new slab-on-grade
foundation alongside an existing. I typically use a detail that allows
expansion/contraction but no "shear" movement either vertical or horizontal.

I'm content with that, but I wonder if my SEAL detail is adequate.

I'd like some opinions as to joint sealants you specify in such cases, and a
description of the detail. I'm always looking to "upgrade" my thinking on
any subject, and realize we tend to do what we've been doing for the last
twenty years out of laziness (okay, so that describes me at least, what can
I say?)

Let me know if you're partial to any specific product or formulation, and
state why. Also, do you have a different approach for a "dried-in"
application as opposed to one exposed to the weather?

Looking forward to soliciting your thoughts.