Re: Where to find experienced Engineers for employ.

On Sep 20, 2004, at 1:18 PM, James Cohen wrote:

Can anyone recommend a website or service that is good for finding experienced civil or structural engineering employees?
try the print media. Newspapers are good and some have classified job listing on their web sites. It's a good way to localize your search. I don't know about trade publications, but I do know that the ASME has job listings or a job bank of some sort. Given that the ASME is usually a few years behind every other trade association with almost anything innovative, you might have some luck with the ASCE.

If you're not averse to working contract for a while, try googling out some contract engineering houses. I worked contract for a couple of years while I sniffed around for a real job. The change in scene was a good thing--it finally dawned on me that I didn't want a real job, and I've been doing consulting and contract work ever since.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw