Design of Torsion Truss

I am designing a 54" deep c/c steel truss consisting of wide flange
chords with the webs turned horizontal.  I'm using angles welded to
the flanges on each side for the web members.  When I use the single
angle solution given in AISC Manual, 9th ed., I get very heavy
angles.  Consequently, I am tying the 2 parallel angles on each side
of the truss together at mid-height to prevent twisting or torsional
buckling.  The second sentence of AISC Sect J1.9 states "The
foregoing provision is not applicable to end connections of
statically loaded single angles."

Am I right, then, that I can neglect the effect of the eccentricity
in the design of the angles in my truss, provided I tie the 2 angles
together?  Will the tie provide sufficient rigidity to the 2 parallel
angles to prevent twisting or torsional buckling?

thanks,
Gary Hodgson