From: Alex [mailto:seaosd(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, September 20, 2004 12:09 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: I crack.

Hi,

I am working on a 20 story with concrete shear walls. for calculation of Ieff we use formula (9-8)(318/318/R-103) of ACI. which needs calculation of Icrack.
Icrack is again a function of steel reinforcement in the section (which is not known before analysis) and I think practically it is almost impossible to calculate it for each section at each story with lots of trial and errors. I have been advised to use [ Icrack=(0.35 - 0.5) x Igross ] that I don't feel comfortable with it.

Any experience or advise on that would be really appreciated.

Alex M,PE

The information contained in the e-Mail, including any accompanying documents or attachments, is from Moffatt & Nichol and is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above, and is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, dissemination, distribution, copying or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited, If you received this message in error, please notify us.