	From: Alex [mailto:seaosd(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
	Sent: Monday, September 20, 2004 1:09 PM
	To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
	Subject: I crack.

	Hi,

	I am working on a 20 story with concrete shear walls. for
calculation of Ieff we use formula (9-8)(318/318/R-103) of ACI. which needs
calculation of Icrack.
	Icrack is again a function of steel reinforcement in the section
(which is not known before analysis) and I think practically it is almost
impossible to calculate it for each section at each story with lots of trial
and errors. I have been advised to use [ Icrack=(0.35 - 0.5) x Igross ] that
I don't feel comfortable with it.

	Any experience or advise on that would be really appreciated.

	Alex M,PE