Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: I crack.[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: I crack.
- From: Nacionales Alex <acnacionales(--nospam--at)yahoo.com>
- Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 13:26:35 -0700 (PDT)
Alex <seaosd(--nospam--at)hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi,I am working on a 20 story with concrete shear walls. for calculation of Ieff we use formula (9-8)(318/318/R-103) of ACI. which needs calculation of Icrack.Icrack is again a function of steel reinforcement in the section (which is not known before analysis) and I think practically it is almost impossible to calculate it for each section at each story with lots of trial and errors. I have been advised to use [ Icrack=(0.35 - 0.5) x Igross ] that I don't feel comfortable with it.Any experience or advise on that would be really appreciated.Alex M,PE
Do you Yahoo!?
New and Improved Yahoo! Mail - Send 10MB messages!
- I crack.
- From: Alex
- I crack.
- Prev by Subject: RE: I crack.
- Next by Subject: Re: I crack.
- Previous by thread: I crack.
- Next by thread: Re: Where to find experienced Engineers for employ.