From: Joe Grill [mailto:jgrill(--nospam--at)swiaz.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 2:08 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: [SPAM] - Dry Stack Rock Wall - Bayesian Filter detected spam

I have a client that wishes to do some retaining walls for landscaping using rock from the project site.  In one instance there is a lower wall that is 5’ high and batters about 2’.  The grade steps back from the top of the lower lift about 2’ where the upper lift of wall starts and is also about 5’ high with a batter of about 2’.  I would think this can be done, but, I don’t have any references that address the design for a dry rock stack retaining wall such as this.  I’ve looked through my library and checked the Corps of Engineers site, but didn’t see anything there, unless I just missed it.  Does anyone have a reference for this situation or any suggestions?

Thanks,

Joe Grill