From: Bill Polhemus [mailto:bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc]
Sent: Monday, September 20, 2004 9:11 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Ivan at the Gulf Coast

It’s “Dauphin Island,” and that’s probably just a rumor. Dauphin Island was also “cut in half” back in 1979 by Hurricane Frederic, but was soon “back in business” though never as nice as it had been previously.

I hadn’t heard that about Perdido Key, but it sounds feasible. I know that the beautiful dunes at Gulf Shores were supposedly wiped out by the storm surge.