Re: Dry Stack Rock Wall

This sounds like a wall with potential stability problems, as you have 10' of retained earth (5'+5'), with a net 6' of batter. The soil mass may move as a unit and fail along a shear plane which encompasses both walls.  If you download some of the information from Keystone walls (http://www.keystonewalls.com/KShome.html) there should be an illustration of the failure plane.

Take a look at:

http://www.keystonewalls.com/media/technote.pdfs/globlstb.pdf
http://www.keystonewalls.com/media/technote.pdfs/trdwllintrn.pdf
and
http://www.keystonewalls.com/media/technote.pdfs/trdwllstbra.pdf

I looked at designing a wall like this (field stone w/ mortar) for a personal project, though it never got built.   I decided to use a gravity force/friction model at first and found that the wall needed to be several feet thick at the base and/or required lateral ties on about 3' centers vertically (geogrid or similar).

I'm sure this isn't the desired form, but have you offered the option of a concrete or segmental retaining wall with the site stone as a dry-stack veneer?  The cost of the engineering and labor may be less than a true rock wall, with the same visual effect.