Overhang Loads

Title: Message

    While looking at the IBC 2003 simplified wind load tables for component and cladding loads on overhangs, I noticed something that struck me as very odd. For a roof with a slope of 0 to 7 degrees, the corner loading pressures are smaller in magnitude than the edge loading pressures for tributary areas of 50 and 100 square feet. Is this correct? I can understand the values being equal because of the large tributary areas, but I can't understand the values being less.
    The information I am referring to is in Table 1609.6.2.1(3). The equivalent table in ASCE 7-02 shows similar numbers. If anyone has an explanation for this, I would appreciate reading it.

Wesley C. Werner