RE: Seismic Retrofit of a Tilt Wall Building in Southern California

"FEMA 156 & 157, "Typical Costs for Seismic Rehabilitation of Existing
Buildings", could help you in preparing preliminary cost estimates,
which could also help in developing your fee.  The document has square
foot costs for rehabilitations of tilt-up buildings and about a dozen
cost adjustment factors to apply."

Keep in mind that those documents are a few years old now, so don't forget to apply an inflation factor to the numbers they suggest.  If you try to develop a fee based on those costs, also keep in mind that retrofits are often disproportionately time consuming relative to construction costs when compared to new construction.  This can be particularly true of smaller buildings where the time necessary to study a particular isse may get applied to only a few similar conditions, not hundred of similar conditions as there might be on a really large structure.  Finally, make sure your agreement is clear about what you are doing and not doing, as you don't want to get roped into solving a lot of other problems that you discover along the way without getting some compensation for that.  In one building we looked at recently for some foundation issues, we discovered that some of the beam connections at the roof had never been done correctly in the first place.  Good luck.

Paul Crocker, PE, SE