From: Jnapd(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:Jnapd(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 1:43 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Dry Stack Rock Wall

Joe:

What are the sizes of the rock you have to use ??

I am in the process of designing similar walls from 4-8' tall. I will be using a min 2' dia. rock at the base of a 4' wall and 6' dia rock at the base of a 8' high wall.  Rock densities shall be over 165 pcf.  We have VW size boulders across the site. The wall will be battered at 1:2 into the bank. We ask the contractor to provide a contact surface between the boulders that leans into the bank at 30 degrees.

Joe Venuti
Johnson & Nielsen Associates
Palm Springs, CA