eBay: Uniform Building Code, 1994 Volume 2 (UBC 1994)

Last I knew, the UBC was protected by copyright. I've looked for other codes
and such (ASTM standards) on the web but never found them available without
charge.  I heard of a court case in Texas (?) arguing that a law cannot be
copyrighted, and if the UBC is adopted as law it should be in the public
domain.  Personally I think that all the codes should be available free of
charge to anyone.  If the code-writing agencies want to charge for
_commentaries_, that's fine, but if the taxpayers adopt a model code as law
then it belongs to everyone.  Others probably are more up to date on the
court proceedings than I am.

Buy the hardcopy--it's a worthwhile investment.

Thor

www.shearwalls.com