Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Intermediate Moment Frame - Extended End Plate Connections[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Intermediate Moment Frame - Extended End Plate Connections
- From: "Carter, Charlie" <carter(--nospam--at)aisc.org>
- Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 14:04:54 -0500
My thinking is that the economy will be a slave to the details, and the details will have to mimic those used in the tested connections. Since the tested versions are SMF-qualified, those used in an IMF will be similar physically and in cost. You may be right that a lower design requirement will allow a reduction in cost, but that will depend upon the specifics.
From: Mark Francois
Would the IMF requirements not be the same as the SMF ?The SMF moment requirement is 1.1 RyFyZ plus VuLp, if the IMF requirements were lower then the connection would be more economical.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Intermediate Moment Frame - Extended End Plate Connections
- Next by Subject: Ivan at the Gulf Coast
- Previous by thread: Re: Intermediate Moment Frame - Extended End Plate Connections
- Next by thread: Fw: IBHS Hurricane Activity Update