Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: cantilevered flexible diaphragms / section 2315.1[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: cantilevered flexible diaphragms / section 2315.1
- From: Jnapd(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 20:10:13 EDT
A bigger hidden question is if your have shear walls at the cantileved portion. If so the defection of the beams that support the shear walls should be checked using special seismic equations beacuse of the offsets. You may find that for the cantilevered beams need to be steel unless your floor deeps approach 24".
Johnson & Nielsen Associates
Palm Springs, CA
- Prev by Subject: cantilevered flexible diaphragms / section 2315.1
- Next by Subject: CFE Seismic Design (Mexico)
- Previous by thread: Re: Future Residential Addition -- Which Way CA?
- Next by thread: RE: Future Residential Addition -- Which Way CA?