RE: EIT - Engineer

I would second what Matthew says...you need to check with the state board.
Some state PE licensing laws only allow those with a PE license to use the
title engineer in any form, while others only restrict the use of certain
"variations" of the title engineers (such as "Professional Engineer" or
"Structural Engineer").  As an example, the State of Michigan only
restricts the use of the title "Professional Engineer".  Any other
variations of engineer (such as "Structural Engineer", "Sanitation
Engineer", etc) are NOT restricted to my knowledge in the State of
Michigan.  Another source so such information is the NCEES website.  They
have results of a survey of the PE boards, and one of the questions asked
is which titles, if any, are restricted.

So, in response to the original question, I would say it depends on who
has "jurisdiction".

HTH,

Scott
Adrian, MI