Re: EIT - Engineer

Actually, Nevada restricts the use of the title Engineer.  The signature in question should either simply state EIT or EIT, Engineer In Training.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, September 27, 2004 9:32 AM
Subject: Re: EIT - Engineer

I don't see why not.  He has clearly identified himself as an EIT, and his title in the company is likely to be "Engineer."  I suspect Engineer I or II is on the billing invoice as well.  He doesn't appear to be advertising engineering services to the general public.

I know of only one location (in Canada) where the courts have upheld laws which prevent an individual from using the word engineer as a title without having been registered as a Professional Engineer (or the local equivalent).  Everywhere else, Microsoft (via their MCSE program and their pack of lawyers) has proven that "engineer" is not a restricted title.