Roger Turk, P.E.

Dear SEA List Service Participants,

Roger Turk passed away 5 AM Monday, 20 September 2004.  He was strong, gracious and dignified to the very end.  The night before, he told me he was not in any pain but was just very, very tired ?

Roger asked that his body be cremated immediately and buried at sea by the US Navy and that there be no memorial service.  His brother, Penrod Turk, is attending to these requests.

As a remembrance, attached is a short written narrative Roger gave me about a year ago recounting some of his time in the US Navy.  Written in the classic Turk style, this may bring a smile to some of those who knew him. [apparently this is too long to be posted with the list service, anyone interested - please email me directly an I will forward a copy]

I know that Roger was very active with the list service and was very appreciative of your support during his illness.  Thank you all very much for the many cards and letters (and even a VCR) that you sent.

On Roger's behalf, I wish you all the very best,

Roger's friend, George Stevenson

George Stevenson Jr., PE        gstevenson(--nospam--at)scice.com

Structural Concepts Inc.                (520) 721-2324

8230 East Broadway, Suite W-7, Tucson, AZ 85710

Do you Yahoo!?