From: Harold Sprague [mailto:spraguehope(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2004 9:15 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: HDPE Liners for Concrete Tanks

Acie,

Obviously the issue is the hydrogen sulfide that migrates up and forms
sulfuric acid above the liquid line.  We generally specify T Lock to protect
the concrete surfaces.  T Lock is what was used for protection at the
Hyperion Intermediate Pumping Station.  Check out
http://www.leewens.com/plastic_liners.htm.

LA County did some studies a while back on several types of protection.  The
trials were done on manholes.

If you need further information, contact Ralph Eberts at the LA Black &
Veatch office 213-312-3310.

Regards,
Harold Sprague