Re: RESIDENTIAL: Discussion of Load Paths

I agree with your discussion and thoughts. And I have used these ideas for about the last 40 years. The only thing that has changed is that now some people are thinking that we must consider rigid diaphragm action in transferring the loads to the shear walls.

Stan Scholl, P.E.
Laguna Beach, CA