Re: SOFTWARE: Do You Find "Woodworks Structural Office" To Be Useful?

> From: "Stuart, Matthew" <mstuart(--nospam--at)schoordepalma.com>

> If you are talking about the same Acronym that developed SODA at =
> http://www.acronym.on.ca/, I believe that they are no longer in =

try
www.acronym.ca
or
soda(--nospam--at)acronym.ca
contact(--nospam--at)acronym.ca
or
(519) 885-2454

> business. If you do know how do get in touch with them please let me =
> know because I was expecting an upgrade last spring to SODA.

Their web-site is still up .... Soda update was pushed off due to
delayed CSA S16 update. I have not attempted to contact them about the
next release of SODA now that CISC has published the handbook based on
the S16-01 (not really 3 years late). I think that it will have to be
some incredible update to make it worth purchasing. SODA started as a
unique WIN 3.0 design tool based on Dr. Grierson's structural
optimization technology and never really grew from that, despite the
professional market features that were added.

> From: "Bill Polhemus" <bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc>

> Well, I don't know if it's the same company, but Acronym apparently develops
> Woodworks Structural Desktop for AF&PA.

Yes it is the same company. Woodworks Design Office. I believe that the
AF&PA and Canadian Wood Council contracted them to produce the software.

> From: Daryl Richardson <h.d.richardson(--nospam--at)shaw.ca>

>         Acronym software usually works without problems or mistakes.
> Whenever I've had problems I've given them a call.  They've always fixed the
> problem (whether it was the software or me) pronto.  Why not give them a
> call.

I have always had good response from them when I needed it.

--
Paul Ransom, P. Eng.
Civil/Structural/Project/International