Re: CODES: Electronic Version Should Be Provided

> From: Christopher Wright <chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com>

> On Sep 28, 2004, at 10:00 AM, Jordan Truesdell, PE wrote:
>
> > when they're on a hard drive in a laptop, or on a keychain flash drive.
> A keychain drive never even occurred to me. What a great idea. With USB
> you can use one with a Mac or a PC, so if you have any closet Macheads
> in the office, or a Mac at home you're in good shape. My Mac laptop's
> pdf reader goes like a house a-fire--much faster than Acrobat or
> Acrobat Reader.

USB memory stick has been my cross-platform portable storage medium for
a couple years now. It took a while for some offices to get their PC
hardware up to speed with USB but now it's defacto AND conveniently
located on the front of most machines. I carry my full suite of
cross-platform design tools (spreadsheets, standards, etc.) and project
documentation.

Now if somebody would do a UNIX port of some decent, current structural
analysis software to run on the Mac OSX ...

--
Paul Ransom, P. Eng.
Civil/Structural/Project/International