ASCE 7-98 Kd Wind factor

ASCE 7-98 added the directionality factor Kd.  The standard states the Kd
factor is only to be used when sections 2.3 & 2.4 are used.  Sections 2.3
& 2.4 are the factored and allowable stress load combinations.

Can anybody tell me when I wouldn't use section 2.3 or 2.4 for design and
therefore can't use the Kd factor?

Thanks.

Get your name as your email address.