Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: ASCE 7-98 Kd Wind factor[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Re: ASCE 7-98 Kd Wind factor
- From: "Jim Carey" <jimcarey(--nospam--at)jgsteel.com>
- Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 10:07:15 -0500
If IBC is specified, which refers to ASCE 7 for wind design, the IBC load combinations would seem to apply. That would dictate the omission of the Kd factor. To compound the original question, is that the proper approach? Resulting wind loads are obviously higher, particularly when the 1.3 omega factor is included with the Alternate basic load combinations of IBC 1605.3.2.
> ASCE 7-98 added the directionality factor Kd. The standard states the Kd
> factor is only to be used when sections 2.3 & 2.4 are used. Sections 2.3
> & 2.4 are the factored and allowable stress load combinations.
> Can anybody tell me when I wouldn't use section 2.3 or 2.4 for design and
> therefore can't use the Kd factor?
- Prev by Subject: Re: ASCE 7-98 Kd Wind factor
- Next by Subject: RE: ASCE 7-98 Kd Wind factor
- Previous by thread: Re: ASCE 7-98 Kd Wind factor
- Next by thread: RE: ASCE 7-98 Kd Wind factor