RE: ACI crack control

Yes, new crack formulas will be shown in the next issue of ACI 350 - but
they will not be the same as the formulas in ACI 318. The z-factor was
retained in the 350 code, since the 318 formula permitted much wider cracks
and wider bar spacings.

The draft 350 code will likely be published on the ACI website for public
comments near the end of this year, for issue in 2005.

William C. Sherman, PE
(Bill Sherman)
CDM, Denver, CO
Phone: 303-298-1311