Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Maximum Number of Wood-Framed Stories?[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Maximum Number of Wood-Framed Stories?
- From: "Chuck Hanson" <chuckh(--nospam--at)dpsabq.com>
- Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 12:38:50 -0600
I have a 4 story wood framed housing project under IBC 2003. We are in Seismic Design Category C and it is Group R-2, Type 5A construction and fully sprinklered. Table 503 allows us 4 stories and Table 1617.6.2 says we have no height limit.
Anyway, we have a portion of the building that has a tall first story and the architect has added a small mezzanine that does not constitute an additional story as far as his part of the code is concerned.
Is there anything in the IBC or NDS that prevents us from having 5 (structural) stories of construction in wood?
I’m on the digest and need to find the answer to this question quickly so please respond to me directly.
Chuck Hanson PE
architecture, interiors, planning, engineering
505.761.9700 - 505.761.4222
- Prev by Subject: RE: Max. Allowable Story Drift per IBC 2000?
- Next by Subject: RE: Maximum Number of Wood-Framed Stories?
- Previous by thread: RE: HOW TO DETERMINE A FLEXIBLE DIAPHRAGM
- Next by thread: RE: Maximum Number of Wood-Framed Stories?