From: Bruce Holcomb [mailto:bholcomb(--nospam--at)brpae.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 06, 2004 2:35 PM
To: Chuck Hanson; seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Maximum Number of Wood-Framed Stories?

Is the answer you?re looking for in IBC section 505.1?

       ?Such mezzanines shall not contribute to either the building area or
number of stories as regulated by Section 503.1.?

I didn?t read all of section 505, so you may want to check a little more
closely.

Bruce D. Holcomb, P.E., S.E.
Structural Engineer
Butler, Rosenbury & Partners
300 S. Jefferson, Suite 505
Springfield, MO 65806
ph. 417-865-6100
fax 417-865-6102
www.brpae.com
Architecture, Engineering, Interior Design, Planning & Development
Your Vision.  Our Focus.