"potential impact energy"

Can anyone explain to me what is meant by "potential impact energy"?  It
is part of OSHA's fall protection standards.  How do you calculate this?

W. Gray Hodge, P.E., S.E.

HODGE DESIGN ASSOCIATES, P.C.

Structural Engineers

22 Chestnut Street

Evansville, Indiana 47713-1022

812.422.2558 P

812.422.3337 F

ghodge(--nospam--at)hodgedesign.com <mailto:ghodge(--nospam--at)hodgedesign.com>

www.hodgedesign.com <http://www.hodgedesign.com/>