Re: HOW TO DETERMINE A FLEXIBLE DIAPHRAGM

First at all, you did not mention in your first email the question HOW SHOULD I MODEL?.
Any way, sounds logical the fact that if you have a condition, you have to prove it.
If you model the diaphragm as rigid and the condition is not satisfied, it is obvious to assume that the diaphragm is not rigid, so that you enter in a new process of analysis modeling the diaphragm as flexible. Once you get displacements and story drifts, you check again the condition.

Good luck
Carlos
Gunma University
Japan