Re: Lap for circular RC column ties

Mr. Gupta,

Would you please specify the tie geometry. Is a spiral hoop
reinforcement layout layout or an interlocking spiral hoop reinforcement
layout used ?

regards,
Himat

>>> PGupta(--nospam--at)TheTTGroup.com 10/7/2004 8:53:30 AM >>>
Hello members of the list

I have two questions regarding development of ties in circular columns.
have searched ACI 318-02 but have not come up with anything specific.
I am
wondering if anyone on the list can help me with their experience:

1. What is the lap length required for circular column ties when they
are
not anchored in the column core? Is it compression lap or tension lap?

2. Are the ties considered to be top bars or other bars?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Pawan Gupta

The information in this email and any attachments may contain
confidential information that is intended solely for the
attention and use of the named addressee(s).  This message or
any part thereof must not be disclosed, copied, distributed or
retained by any person without authorization from the addressee.
If you are not the intended addressee, please notify the sender
immediately, and delete this message.