RE: COMPOSITE CONCRETE DECK AND CRACK CONTROL

Not much help, but we had a luncheon seminar by Novomesh sales representative and the rep discussed the benefits of their system when used with a composite deck.  You still have to have negative moment steel over the beams (if you desired continuity) but only their steel/nylon stranded product to replace the WWF.  Novomesh e3 was is the name of the product.

M.
-----Original Message-----
From: David Maynard [mailto:davemaynard(--nospam--at)ceincorp.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2004 4:10 PM
To: Structural Engineers List
Subject: COMPOSITE CONCRETE DECK AND CRACK CONTROL

From: Dave Maynard <davemaynard(--nospam--at)ceincorp.com>

To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org

I did a search and found some good information relayed over the past on this subject with this group.  I was wondering if anyone has used any of the Fibermesh products in combination with either recommended welded wire reinforcing or rebar to help control cracking in a composite concrete deck?  Either way, what was your experience?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

David Maynard, PE   -   Gillette, WY