Re: Recycled Lumber

I had a bad experience a few years back where the contractor reused lumber from the demolition of the building on the site. The local building official first said it couldn't be used. Later they compromised but made me use a much lesser design stress- which meant doubling up on floor joists and rafters.
Hopefully you can work out a good solution with enlightened officials.
My experience is that used lumber is usually better than new.

Stan Scholl, P.E.
Laguna Beach, CA