Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Recycled Lumber[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Recycled Lumber
- From: Stanley E Scholl <sscholl2(--nospam--at)juno.com>
- Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 22:05:34 -0700
- Cc: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
I had a bad experience a few years back where the contractor reused lumber from the demolition of the building on the site. The local building official first said it couldn't be used. Later they compromised but made me use a much lesser design stress- which meant doubling up on floor joists and rafters.
Hopefully you can work out a good solution with enlightened officials.
My experience is that used lumber is usually better than new.
Stan Scholl, P.E.
Laguna Beach, CA
On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 02:01:13 -0700 "Dennis Wish" <dennis.wish(--nospam--at)verizon.net> writes:
- Prev by Subject: Recycled Lumber
- Next by Subject: Reduction of Elastic Response Parameters for design ...
- Previous by thread: Recycled Lumber
- Next by thread: RE: ACI crack control