Re: Spec needed for 3000 psi concrete

Dennis,

For most small projects, I specify the strength I want and other characteristics, and then require that the concrete supplier submit a design along with evidence [a record of previous tests] that the proposed mix meets the specified criteria.  For a major project, I have had a concrete consultant associated with a testing lab design the mix using materials from the supplier's bins for in-lab testing of the design.

Nels

Nels Roselund
Structural Engineer
South San Gabriel, CA