Re: Spec needed for 3000 psi concrete

Why use "3000 psi" concrete which then requires a Deputy inspector at a cost of about $75/hr?
Instead specify 5.5 or 6 sack mix, limit the water and you will end up with about 4000 psi but won't have to pay for the inspector.

This is especially important for smaller jobs.

Stan Scholl, P.E.
Laguna Beach, CA