Re: old deck

Andrew Kester wrote:

 Listees:1965 building, 2.5" concrete slab on "steel tex" over joists, spaced 12" to 24" o.c. Is this just an old version of 0.6C type form deck?Andrew Kester, PELongwood, FL

Andrew,

I don't have a catalog specifically for this product, I think it is a 3/8" metal lath that was wired to the top chord and used solely as a concrete form.  If you can view the underside, you should see a diamond shaped mesh pattern. 3/8" was used for joist spacings to 24" and 3/4" was used for joist spacing between 24" and 30".  I am still going through old catalogs to see if I have that product.

--
Davis G. Parsons II, PE, RA
Fort Worth, Texas