Re: Spec needed for 3000 psi concrete

The other thing to be careful of is to be clear on what Dennis was really
asking for.  Did he want a concrete spec?  Or did he really want a actual
mix design?  I have never actually specified the actual mix design (i.e.
use X lbs of Type I Portland Cement, Y lbs of large aggregate, Z gallons
of waters, A ozs of some admixture, etc).  But, I have spec'd maximum
aggregate size, types of permissible admixtures and their minimum
requirements, type of curing, placement requirements, whether or not fly
ash is permitted and if it can replace part of the Portland Cement, etc.
It is usually up to the concrete supplier to submit a mix design that
meets those requirements, and this usually includes "proof" that the mix
design meets the specified strength requirements (in the form of a
statisitically significant amount of cylinder tests of the mix design).

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI