Re: Spec needed for 3000 psi concrete

I agree. Specify 2500 psi. If good quality conc.is desired for water
tightness and other desireable qualities, also specify a min. cement
content, so that you don't end up with about a 4 sack mix. If a min.
cement content is specified the end result will be much more than 3000psi
but you don't have to pay for a deputy inspector. Note that I said "end
up with 4000 psi".  My point is that it is not usually necessary to
specify more than 2500psi.

Stan Scholl, P.E.