< Damping Coefficient >

Greetings:

I have a question pertaining to the calculation of the
damping coefficient for a device.

I have the force-deformation plots from the static
test ( constant loading rate of 0.1 in/sec.) and
dynamic tests (sinusoidal loading under displacement
control for varying frequencies). I want to know if
there was a means of finding the damping coefficient
for the device based on these data.

Also, I cannot technically calculate the eq. viscous
damping because i am not exciting the device at its
natural frequency. So , is there any way to calculate
the  psi or the "c" value for the device?

thanks
Anantha Narayan