Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: 3000 psi for LA DBS Requirements[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: 3000 psi for LA DBS Requirements
- From: "Steve Widmayer" <SWidmayer(--nospam--at)WILLDAN.com>
- Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 09:05:34 -0700
Dennis: There is an exception to the required 3000 psi in Sec. 19220.127.116.11 (2001 CBC) that says: "Footings of buildings three storeis or less may have concrete with f'c of not less than 2500 psi". This would allow most small buildings with grade beams to use only 2500 psi if the design warrents. I don't know if City of LA has removed/modified this exception in the Code or not...it does'nt look like they allude to the exception in their standard correction list as you have copied below.
Steve Widmayer, PE
- Prev by Subject: 3000 psi for LA DBS Requirements
- Next by Subject: 3x3x1/4 plate washers in IRC vs. 2x2x3/16 in IBC
- Previous by thread: 3000 psi for LA DBS Requirements
- Next by thread: How to send msg