Re: wood textbooks

Title: Message
I agree with Andrew's recommendation, the Breyer book is excellent.  The other publication to look at is ATC 7 "Guidelines for the design of horizontal roof diaphragms".  Very comprehensive discussion with examples and pitched diaphragms are included.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, October 11, 2004 10:32 AM
Subject: wood textbooks

Bill,
I am a big fan of my college textbook, Breyer, "Design of Wood Structures", 3rd Ed. Great all around wood design book I used to study for my PE and in practice designing just about anything for wood, great diaphragm info too. Probably have a newer addition as that was about 7 years ago or so. That and like someone else said AFPA/AWC puts out "THE" info on all wood design.

Andrew Kester, PE
Longwood, FL